October is a good month to:
- Examine weather stripping and caulk around doors and windows. Replace worn or damaged material that's no longer blocking air.
- Switch from window screens to storm windows. Label the pieces going into storage so you can install them quicker and easier in the spring.
- Install new batteries in your smoke alarms and CO detectors. Installing new batteries when clocks fall back will help you remember.
- Stock up on melting ice. For less corrosive options, skip the salt and choose magnesium chloride and calcium chloride. Mix with hot water after a snowfall.
- Insulate! Installing new or adding to existing insulation--especially in attics--will help keep warm air inside your home. We can help!
October is a good month to buy:
One final tip: In most areas, fall is the best time to add sod and plant trees and bushes.
NEXT ARTICLE: Ace Resources Hires New Business Development Manager