There are ways you can save money and energy with Spray Foam. Here are 11 ways to utilize spray foam as insulator and air sealer to cut down on air leakage (in the winter AND summer) and add value to your property.
• Basement rim joists and sill plates – for air sealing
• HVAC ductwork – to “condition” the air in the ducts
• Exterior walls – for high thermal value and air sealing
• Attics – new construction or retrofit
• Crawl spaces – new construction or retrofit
• Floor underlayment - where radiant trace lines are being installed
• Under floors – seals against moisture and temperature
• Filling masonry concrete block units – to block moisture penetration
• Metal buildings – for structural stability equivalent to 25 lbs. psi of pressure
• Pipe insulation – hot water pipes to prevent heat escape and cold water pipes to prevent freezing and condensation
• Garage ceilings – to help insulate bonus rooms above garage
These are great ways to use spray foam to save on your heating and cooling costs. Want an "Insulation Check Up"? Contact us for a no obligation consultation.
NEXT ARTICLE: Spray Foam vs. Fiberglass